Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A quick note on the peacock's cry

Two of our readings mentioned the striking and harsh cry of the peacock, and how they relate to the nature of the animal itself.  Here is a youtube link of a peacock call. I wanted to post this to provide some context to those two readings, especially if you've never heard the bird before. I used to live down the road from a farm that kept peacocks, and can personally attest to how loud and haunting they sound.

See you all in class tomorrow, and be sure to check out my blog post.

ECB

2 comments:

  1. Yes...my mom's friend kept peacocks as backyard pets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been checking out a few of your stories and i can state pretty good stuff. I will definitely bookmark your blog buy premium notebooks in Singapore

    ReplyDelete